Environmental Enforcement Officer - Part Time & Flexible Work Available
Environmental Enforcement Officer
3GS is a specialist service provider focused on the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Enforcement Officers.
Previous Enforcement experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences under environmental legislation. Such criminal offences can include littering.
Currently patrolling in locations across Wales and the North, South and South West of England. You will work as a representative of the local City or Borough Council as well as that of 3GS (UK) Ltd.
- You will be based at our offices, located in the local City or Town centre.
- Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
- Preparing and submitting witness statements.
- Attending court to give evidence if and when necessary.
- Working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures.
- Operating and uploading body camera footage.
- Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office.
- A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
- A resilient character, as some interaction with offenders can occasionally be confrontational.
- Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of the team.
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather conditions.
Locations for roles include:
- Vale of Glamorgan
- Part time (Hours are between 7:30am - 7:30pm and shifts can be flexible)
Salary / Hourly rate
- Dependent on location
The standard working rota is;
- shifts over 7 days (weekend/bank holiday) rota basis determined locally. You may occasionally be required to work weekends and bank holidays.