Senior Civil Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Energy business for ambitious and talented Senior Civil Engineers
What does a "Senior Civil Engineer" do on a site? This role is to run the setting out engineer and provide TWC cover for the whole site. They work for the Construction Manager and will be part of the team overseeing MJC and other sub-contractors e.g. Hedges, Fencing and HDD. Reviewing Method Statements, record completion and compliance against the planning permission and final design will also be part of their role. I suggest the title Senior Engineer or Sub Agent is more appropriate.
As a Senior Engineer you will:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works
- Ensure work is executed in a safe manner meeting legal guidelines set out in health safety and requirements and environmental compliance
- Organise and supervise resources necessary to meet the contract programme
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied
The right applicant will be educated with an industry qualification (HND / HNC / BEng or similar) and have previous experience within a Civil Engineering / construction environment.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.