Bid Manager - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Bid Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
We are looking for managers who have a wealth of knowledge in the main contracting market.
Experience of working on Educational, Healthcare, Leisure or Defence schemes between £5 and £20 million is an advantage.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Bid Manager you will:
- Be responsible for submitting completed bids to existing or prospective customers, on time and within budget ensuring that all questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that Morgan Sindall is positioned with the best possible chance of success.
- Plan and manage all aspects of bids providing subject matter expertise where required
- Ensure effective and inspirational bid management and leadership is provided on all tenders, and personally manage larger tender opportunities
- Establish winning strategies and writing plans for quality led bids and participates in red reviews of prequalification documents and tenders
- Develop and manage bid/proposal plans, outlines and schedules
- Guide bid team writers in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel
- Review proposal, draft and final versions for responsiveness, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout
- Create corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals
- Ensure Morgan Sindall work winning processes are effectively and consistently implemented and recommend improvements where appropriate
Already experienced as a Bid Manager you will be educated to degree level or equivalent in the relevant field. You will have experience of managing significant bids and other submissions to win profitable work and you will have a personal success in winning quality led bids, demonstrating an innovative and creative approach.
About the Birmingham Team :
Morgan Sindall has a well-established presence in the Midlands region through our Birmingham office, which operates in the East and West Midlands and is supported by two major frameworks across the geographical area (Construction West Midlands and East Midlands Property Alliance). We have a very successful track record in delivering high profile projects for both public and private sector clients with the value range between £1.5m and £35m. Through our enviable reputation based on delivering projects that fully meet client’s requirements the business enjoys a high rate of repeat business opportunities with staff that are motivated to deliver and succeed. Our versatile project portfolio coupled with the ambitious business model provides excellent opportunities for career progression and continuous professional development on both local and national levels throughout the business.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.