Our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM, traffic and transportation. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
As experts in our field, we are focused on technical excellence. We provide a supportive environment in which to develop the knowledge and skills of our staff to ensure careers thrive.
What is the purpose of this role?
The purpose of this role is to help produce the schematic/concept designs for one or more of the following
- Structural design/refurbishment projects using AutoCAD and/ or Revit specifically for the design of refurbishment schemes for the Forth Road bridge maintenance team.
- Be able to create as built drawings and produce archive records using existing construction drawings.
- Produce and review detailed design drawings and visit sites to carry out inspections and/or undertake basic surveying.
What will this role involve?
- The analysis and design of highways and drainage or structural design, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD. MX and/or Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Oversee the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design and supervision of construction works as required by programmes of work.
- Support junior Engineers and CAD Technicians.
- The role will be based at the offices of the Forth Road Bridge but may involve assisting with the design of works by other Amey offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh or across the Amey business as required.
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND/Foundation Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, experience or knowledge of Revit advantageous
- Extensive experience using Civil 3D or Bentley MX or Open Roads or Micro Drainage
- Ability to lead junior technicians
- Experience of delivering competent civil engineering designs
- Experience of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Good CAD and traffic modelling skills
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.