Trustee - Part Time
We are YHA. We transform young lives forever through travel and real adventure.
At almost 90 years old, YHA is a charity with a proud history of enabling people from all walks of life to explore the beauty and breadth of England and Wales. An Investors in People Gold, well-established organisation, with a portfolio of over 150 hostels in the countryside, on the coast and in many major cities.
We’re here to improve the physical and mental health, wellbeing and life skills of all our guests. We know we make the biggest difference to young people, particularly those with challenging lives who cannot access life-changing experiences of travel and adventure without us.
Becoming A Trustee
YHA is a large and multi-faceted charity. Our Board of Trustees has the overall responsibility for setting the vision and strategic direction of the organisation, with a shared passion for continuous improvement and drive to make a positive impact on young lives.
Applications are welcomed from those who can display:
- experience of working at senior or Board level, providing strategic leadership during times of change. The ability to analyse information and prepare well for Board meetings is crucial to making an impact
- vision, enthusiasm, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to influence Board decisions, and challenge and support the Executive team
- a commitment to YHA, fully supporting our charitable object and focus on young people. Trustees are ambassadors for YHA and champion its visitors, guests, members and volunteers
To maintain the balance of skills and experience on the Board in 2019/20 we are particularly interested to hear from applicants with experience as outlined below.
- evaluation and ongoing management of major construction projects
- education policy and schools’ curriculum
- hospitality or travel sector
- member or volunteer management
- human resources/organisation development
Ready to make your mark? We’d love to have you on board.
Applications are invited from members and non-members with relevant skills and expertise as listed above.
To be elected you must become a member of YHA before the AGM on 29th June 2019.
To apply, please visit: The YHA Jobs Site
Job start date:
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 2
Working hours: 0 - 42.5 hours
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract
All roles are subject to a minimum of a basic DBS check.