Junior Business Analyst, Liverpool.
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Come and join Amey Group IT Technology department, where we the team are at the heart of the business transformation, standardising our IT offering, whilst developing and embedding a more digital approach. This is an exciting time of change for the business, where we are moving from an outsourced model to investing in our internal capability where you can truly make a difference.As part of this growth we are looking to appoint a Junior Business Analyst, to be part of our Projects and Programmes team based in our office in Speke, Liverpool.
What will this role involve?
The role of the IT Junior Business Analyst is to work within projects to gather, document and model the business requirements so that delivery teams are clear and able to provide the technology to meet business need.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Delivers business analysis on projects, ensuring use of IT BA best practice techniques to elicit and document business issues. Will be independent on small to medium projects and working under supervision or as part of a team on larger to complex projects and programmes.
- Work with business representatives, up to and including director level to capture and agree requirements
- Ensures that analysis is understood and usable by Technology and Infrastructure Delivery teams
- Follows and makes occasional contribution to the professional standards and practice for business analysis within wider community of IT Project Delivery
- Support IT Executive and colleagues in delivery of Group IT and Amey Strategic Objectives
- To take on, from time to time, and with suitable support and training, other project delivery tasks such as project management or testing as determined by business needs
What are we looking for?
- Proven Business Analysis experience and ability to gather IT requirements from an SME or Business Analysis perspective
- If you do not have business analysis experience, we would consider individuals who have worked in a project environment as an SME with exposure to end user requirements or defining business processes
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with a natural flair for extracting information from stakeholders
- Superb eye for detail, accuracy and the ability to produce documentation
- Highly analytical
- Self-motivated and with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Computer literate - experience with MS Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge & experience of business packages such as SAP or Confirm an advantage but not essential
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.