Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day. From roads, railways and schools, to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use - nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Our dedicated Investments team drives our clients to develop innovative solutions to meet the UK's infrastructure needs today, and to address the introduction of technology and innovation in the 21st century. Our team is responsible for providing all resources to Amey for bidding from a commercial, estimating, work winning, funding, financing and investment management perspective.
When you join Amey Investments, you're joining a team like no other in the industry. We have a range of specialist knowledge rarely found in a single business unit - combining the skills of lawyers, estimators, financial modellers, commercial managers, bid writers, designers and document specialists. Anyone joining our team will thrive on the variety of work, individually-tailored training and team spirit and will contribute to deliver our goals. No two days are the same, and the roles are challenging, high profile and vital to the successful delivery of Amey's growth plans.
Sitting as part of Investments, our Work Winning Services team (WWS) provide bid support services to all Amey business units, from Highways, Rail and Consulting, to Environmental Services and Facilities Management, Defence and Justice. We are looking to appoint a Proposals Manager to join our team of talented bid professionals. You will lead and mentor our team of Proposals Coordinators, and hold overall responsibility for bid document creation, control and finalisation, eg formatting, compliance and navigation. Working closely with Amey Business Unit Bid Directors, Bid Managers and Bid Coordinators, you will ensure all bids meet robust quality standards and align to internal processes - promoting best practice and creative thinking throughout the bid process to ensure our bid content achieves maximum scores.
As Proposals Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting all Proposals Coordinators, developing and reviewing clear performance measures so bid submissions are compliant and meet quality standards
- Engaging with bid teams early to develop bespoke, professional and compliant submission templates, including CVs and other additional documents where necessary
- Directing/advising Bid Managers on effective proposal formats including production (eg folders, dividers, boxes) and effective use of case studies, icons and font styles
- Monitoring overall bid production quality, ensuring strict adherence to quality processes
- Providing document formatting expertise, ensuring documents are compliant with client requirements, neat/professional and easy to navigate
- Educating bid teams on use of Word document templates, delivering training as appropriate
What are we looking for?
- Accredited in Microsoft Word (advanced Level)
- Knowledge of macro-enabled template creation and use (advantageous)
- Proficient in other MS Office packages, eg Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate advanced formatting/technical skills and effective use of layout in template creation
- Good interpersonal skills with confidence to challenge and escalate issues appropriately
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to prioritise
- The flexibility to be able to work outside normal working hours, and across UK locations, when bid team and timetable requires it
- APMP Qualification (desirable).
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and the option of joining our pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company-sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and additional benefits throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer