Advanced Thermal Treatment Operations Manager
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park is an exciting new facility which will deal with Milton Keynes' black sack waste in a sustainable way. It bring together state-of-the-art mechanical treatment and heat energy recovery technologies to cut the amount of rubbish sent to landfill to around 3%.
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park will comprise the following technologies:
- Mechanical Treatment will firstly sort the waste, ensuring any recyclable items can be extracted. We expect to take out at least 9% of the incoming waste for recycling.
- Food and biodegradable items will be extracted and processed in a fully enclosed anaerobic digester to generate renewable energy. This process will also create a compost-like material which will be available for use on brownfield sites.
- The remaining non-recyclable and non-compostable material will be used as a fuel for an Advanced Thermal Treatment plant. This will transform the material into a gas, which is then combusted to generate steam to create electricity in a turbine.
- It is an exciting time for an ATT Manager to join the team as we are we are looking to operate the Thermal Treatment Plant so all the facilities within the complex will need to be optimised to ensure we maximise power generation.
What are we looking for?
- HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Management experience
- Good understanding of basic systems i.e. hydraulics, HP Air, Steam, Cooling Systems, Water Treatment Plant tec.
- Process Engineering background
- EFW Gasification Plant operation desirable or would take Incineration
- Good knowledge of a Site Environmental Permit/previous experience of working with the process of an Environmental Permit
- DCS/SCADA previous operational experience, preferably Siemens PCS7
- Use of Pirana or other CMMS
- Full UK driving license
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite to include Microsoft Project
- Problem solving skills
- Good Organisational and planning skills
- Sound communication skills
- A team player
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Comfortable with decision making
- Co-operative and willing to assist others
- High customer service focus