Advanced Thermal Treatment Operator
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park is an exciting new facility which will deal with Milton Keynes' black sack waste in a sustainable way. It bring together state-of-the-art mechanical treatment and heat energy recovery technologies to cut the amount of rubbish sent to landfill to around 3%.
Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park will comprise the following technologies:
- Mechanical Treatment will firstly sort the waste, ensuring any recyclable items can be extracted. We expect to take out at least 9% of the incoming waste for recycling.
- Food and biodegradable items will be extracted and processed in a fully enclosed anaerobic digester to generate renewable energy. This process will also create a compost-like material which will be available for use on brownfield sites.
- The remaining non-recyclable and non-compostable material will be used as a fuel for an Advanced Thermal Treatment plant. This will transform the material into a gas, which is then combusted to generate steam to create electricity in a turbine.
It is an exciting time for an Advanced Thermal Treat Operator to join the team as we are we are looking to operate the Thermal Treatment Plant so all the facilities within the complex will need to be optimised to ensure we maximise power generation.
- Operating the Advanced Thermal Technology Facility.
- Duties to include monitoring and controlling the process equipment, troubleshooting and suggesting repairs, preparing operating logs and computer generated reports.
- Ensuring the operating crew maintain waste feed streams always.
- Routinely providing directions to the maintenance team or operators.
- Ensuring 100% compliance, permit rules and health/safety regulations. Duties are performed in accordance with a detailed knowledge of the Operating Instructions, Health/Safety regulations, permit rules, and other company requirements.
What are we looking for?
- HNC or equivalent operating process plant qualification
- Can operate on tools
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Energy from Waste or Power Station experience
- Minimum 3 years' process experience in a related industry.