Part time Compliance Director CF10 / CF11 / CF1 – London/Home-based
Part time CF10 CF11 CF1 Compliance Specialist
Our client is a new online automated investment service providing expert portfolio management, with a mission is to make investment management available to the mass market.
Founded by a serial entrepreneur and backed by a long-established award-winning investment management firm they are currently at the last stages of the regulator approval process.
They are looking for a startup minded Compliance Director to join their small, young and innovative team and to hold Control Functions CF1, CF10 and CF11. The role is anticipated to be 2 days per week, most of which will be working from home.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly authorised organisation; an opportunity to take the Compliance regime forward into the live environment. The current post holder has worked with the firm for over two years and has designed the Compliance regime and worked to gain authorisation. A short handover will be granted to the successful candidate.
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide advice to management and answer queries on policies, procedures and controls;
- Maintain the Compliance Manual and related procedures, provide training as required;
- Work with the existing CF10a to oversee CASS;
- Conduct and support compliance risk assessments;
- Provide guidance to business management on changes in the regulatory environment;
- Assist with projects for the expansion of product offerings to support the business goals; ● Review marketing materials and website copy for compliance; ● Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
This role requires:
- 5 years+ work experience in a Compliance role in the sector of investment or asset management, specifically in the robo advice arena;
- 5 years+ Anti-Money Laundering Officer (MLRO) experience;
- Recently held CF10/11 control functions with the FCA
- In-depth knowledge of equity markets, products and trading procedures;
- Experience with GDPR;
- Superior working knowledge of the FCA Handbook;
- Experience of conducting audits;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently;
- A degree/post grad diploma qualification relating to Financial Services regulation.
It is expected that you:
- Enjoy working in the dynamic startup environment;
- Like the idea of becoming the lead compliance person in the team and growing the department as the business expands;
- Are tech-savvy with the desire to learn about new products and explain them to others;
- Act as the GDPR Data Controller;
- Act as Training and Competence Supervisor;
- Support the business strategy, identify opportunities and risks relating to compliance
Candidates will need to have no other CF10/11 responsibilities alongside this role with other firms to avoid any conflicts of interest.
Location: Home based with meetings in London (you will live in the South East region, reasonable travelling distance from London)
Salary: Day rate circa £600
Flexibility: 2 days a week
Recruiter Contact: Linda Baldwin