Caretaker - Weston Favell Academy
Amey partners with Northampton Council to provide facilities management services for more than 40 schools in Northampton. Amey are looking for motivated caretaker to join our team to provide excellent service.
- Location: Weston Favell Academy
- Address: Booth Ln S, Weston Favell, Northampton NN3 3EZ
- Hours per week: 20 hours
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri 18:00-22:00
- Contract type: Permanent
What will you be doing?
- Ensure smooth running of the school premises
- Opening the building in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Carrying out day-to-day DIY/maintenance and minor repairs (i.e. furniture fixtures)
- To ensure heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Booking engineer for major repair work
- Daily responsible to check that all doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings or assemblies and clearing away afterwards
- Ordering cleaning materials, new equipment and furniture for the school
- Taking bookings if rooms in the building are available for hire
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and previous experience in practical DIY skills for minor repair
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable of Health and Safety regulation
- Familiar with COSHH standard
You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment - please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
What does Amey do?
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme