Account Manager - Flexible Working Available
Samsung is an amazing place to work full of endless opportunities, exceptional people and an excellent environment. As well as this, Samsung provides the opportunity to be a part of innovation that makes a real difference in the lives of millions of people worldwide. We are looking for exceptional people to join our journey, so we can enable you to ‘do what you can’t’.
Samsung is an open and flexible business where we are keen to find the right people for the role by supporting them in their work-life balance. Although this is a full-time role we are open to having discussions to fit your needs.’
Purpose of the Role...
To lead defined areas associated with a named customer to succeed in all key parameters. These areas include handling relationships and driving new business opportunities. It is the Account Manager’s role to broaden SEUK’s points of entry into sales channels and increase Samsung’s standing within the account. The ultimate goal is to significantly grow market share to current business aspiration delivering upside both in terms of volume and value and to maintain leadership for Samsung within the UK consumer electronics market.
Role and Responsibilities
This role is focused upon the consumer channels within a named account. The role includes: the establishment of sales operations procedures to improve efficiency, provide potential cost savings, and increase sales.
Deliver on set parameters that have been laid out as the strategy for SEUK in such areas as finance, marketing and operations and work to improve operational efficiency in these areas. Meet and exceed the agreed business plan to deliver stated financial targets (volume, value, ASP and consolidated profit) and drive market share goals. Maintain and grow relationships within the named account(s) at appropriate levels. Ensure that all relevant information is regularly communicated within the team and the wider business. Working alongside the Account Director you will play a key role in achieving and influencing overall goals and targets. As SEUK experiences further growth there is a need to capture sales and market information from the customer to ensure that we have a full understanding of the requirements for successfully penetrating new channels and growing market share. This process should be regular and repeatable and should be captured and disseminated by the Account Manager. This data should include but not be limited to the following:
a. Weekly market share position
b. Weekly sales out data by channel
c. Store level sales and traffic data where appropriate d. Competitor tariff and positioning information (where publicly available)
- Ultimate responsibility for all marketing and sell-through activity within the defined channel including compliance and channel specific activities. Developing programmes, retention and acquisition channels, and associated budgets
- Supply to the consumer quarterly commercial terms plan and overall account plans in relevant product categories
- Attendance of weekly sales and supply chain/PSI meetings to raise issues which affect customers and SEUK strategy.
- Attendance at quarterly account reviews
- Partner concern of any business critical issues
- Co-ordination of product launch activities within account
- Reporting of weekly sales
- Main point of contact with accounts payable and receivable to ensure no issues.
- Working with the Product Manager and product evangelists, responsible for core portfolio ranging selection within account.
- Creation and maintenance of account relationship mapping across all levels
- Weekly ownership for Supply chain management and forecast management (AP1) including forecast accuracy (8 weeks) and purchase order cover (4 weeks).
- Detailed analysis of the customer account including but not limited to sales by channel, switching and retention performance, RRP pricing, key customer initiatives and programs, renewing base size.
- Holiday cover for relevant team members
Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced sales person with achievement history
- Dedicated and passionate work ethic
- Good attention to detail and process driven
- A deep understanding of P&L
- Excellent listening skills
- To be able lead all levels of customer relationships and be comfortable presenting and reporting to all levels.
- A creative, problem solving attitude to resolving issues and meeting targets
- Self-motivated, flexible individual
- Organised individual
- Analytical, able to provide relevant market information and passionate about trends and why they are happening.
- Led and implemented promotional marketing programs within consumer or business channels