As a result of an exciting period of growth an opportunity exists for an experienced Bid Manager to join our expanding Facilities Management, Defence and Justice (FMDJ) bidding and sales team at Amey. Reporting into the Head of Bidding, you will be responsible for project management of bids liaising with writers and technical experts, as well as supporting the management and development of the bid team. This critical role will also involve working directly with clients communicating via email and in person.
Bids may cover a range of FMDJ capabilities including: infrastructure and asset management, facilities management, complex support services. Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long Negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5mpa through to £150mpa. Bid stages to support include Soft Market Tests (working with Business Development colleagues), Expressions of Interest, PQQ, ITT/ITN, ISOS/ISDS, BAFO as well as closedown and handover to the mobilisation/delivery team.
- Attending customer / bid events or site visits
- Reviewing the programme of upcoming bids and status of current bids.
- Preparing bid/no bid and bid resource schedules.
- Preparing the bid programme and schedule of deliverables including setting key meeting dates.
- Identifying and tasking bid team members and bid reviewers.
- Holding kick-off and progress meetings either in person or by conference call with bid team members.
- Tracking bid progress against programme.
- Managing cost and quality reviews.
- Writing or rewriting a section.
- Looking for and crafting good evidence and case studies.
- Mentoring others on bid process or bidding best practice.
- Uploading documents and managing the clarifications process.
- Managing the handover of your winning bid to the delivery team.
- Carrying out a bid wash-up so lessons learnt can be brought forward to the next bid.
What are we looking for?
It is essential that the successful candidate has previous experience in bid management, experience within the sales function of a Facilities Management and/or Defence environment would be highly beneficial. Further requirements include:
- Experience of the bid process in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements.
- Flexible, agile, accountable, hands-on, committed to good things, adaptable, wins respect and has a sense of fun.
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, time-phased activities.
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and balancing risk with reward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Desire to see job through from start to finish.
- Able to leverage business unit strengths through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
There is some requirement to travel with this role, with regular travel to our Oxford and Birmingham offices essential, as well as ad hoc travel to additional locations.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.