Junior Project Manager - Liverpool
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Come and join Amey Group IT Technology department, where we the team are at the heart of the business transformation, standardising our IT offering, whilst developing and embedding a more digital approach. This is an exciting time of change for the business, where we are moving from an outsourced model to investing in our internal capability where you can truly make a difference.
As part of this growth we are looking to appoint a Junior Project Manager, to be part of our Projects and Programmes team based in our office in Speke, Liverpool.
What will this role involve?
The role of the IT Junior Project Manager is to to plan and implement projects and ensuring that the planned business benefits are delivered. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Junior IT PM role is a development role and the post holder is expected to undertake personal and professional development to enable them to be ready to take on a full Project Manager role.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage project delivery from beginning to end for small to medium projects (this scale covers all points below), including scope change.
- Deliver progress reports and other project documents needed by Amey Governance and specific project requirements
- Develop and maintain full- project plans and associated documents, ensuring clear accountabilities and timing expectations.
- Identify and manage any risks associated with project delivery, defining appropriate risk strategy and mitigation for each.
- Engage and work with sponsors, team members and other stakeholders
- Support IT Executive and colleagues in delivery of Group IT and Amey Strategic Objectives
- To take on, from time to time, and with suitable support and training, other project delivery tasks such as project management or testing as determined by business needs
- Ongoing personal development to enhance personal skills and expertise as well as Amey business knowledge, including maintaining an external perspective
What are we looking for?
- Have an interest, and be working towards, relevant foundational PM qualifications (APMP or Prince 2 (with ongoing progress to full professional accreditation).
- Initial basic awareness of one or more core PM techniques around scope, scheduling, risk and control, aiming for full basic awareness and some working knowledge
- Able to support meetings and workshops, including for virtual groups.
- Basic awareness and interest in one or more areas of IT, such as infrastructure management, software development, or in areas such as business change, user experience and adoption
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and with the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Computer literate - experience with MS Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge & experience of business packages such as SAP or Confirm an advantage but not essential
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer