Gatwick Connects - Host
Gatwick Connect Support team operative
6 Months Fixed Term
Salary: £21,478 + shift allowance + excellent rewards and benefits
Our payslip is only part of the package
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
Gatwick Connect is an innovative connections solution for passengers travelling between airlines who do not offer an interline solution. The Gatwick Connect Support Team will provide a seamless baggage transfer service for customers connecting to other flights from Gatwick airport. The Gatwick Connect Support Team will drive our strategy which includes meeting all health and safety requirements, adherence to airside baggage handling procedures and airline, handling agent and 3rd party agency policies, along with the overall promotion of Gatwick Connect.
Gatwick Connects is an innovative connections solution for passengers travelling between airlines who do not offer an interline solution. The Gatwick Connects Host will provide a seamless baggage transfer and check-in service for customers connecting to other flights from Gatwick airport. The Gatwick Connects Host will drive our commercial strategy which includes customer sales and overall promotion of GatwickConnects.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience in delivering exceptional frontline customer service experience.
- Airline check-in and ticketing experience.
- A strong sales history in a face paced environment
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise whilst delivering excellent customer service is essential.
- Have a good working knowledge of terminal geography North and South.
- A high level of data accuracy with an experience in data collection and data input systems
- An appetite for continuous improvement of processes and customer experience initiatives
- The ability to work as part of a team and deliver unforgettable customer service.
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 45 million passengers to over 220 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth. It has beaten its stretch EBITDA target every year for the last five years. Passenger volumes have grown by over 40% in the eight years since private ownership. GAL is owned by a group of international investment funds.