Electrician- Intelligent Transport System
- Contract Type
What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently looking for a qualified electrician to join our maintenance team to undertake all aspects of highway electrical and communications installation and maintenance, within a Scotland wide Intelligent Transport Systems network.
What will this role involve?
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety to keep yourself and others safe, and ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and communications installations in accordance with current Regulations and Manufacturer's recommendations
- Initial verification and periodic electrical testing and inspection to BS7671 of electrical installations, and issue of corresponding certification.
- Updating schematic diagrams and as-built records.
- Undertake all aspects of highway electrical maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- A qualified electrician with a relevant trade registration (SJIB card or equivalent)
- City & Guilds electrical qualifications
- 18th Edition of BS7671 would be desirable
- Previous experience of working within an electrical environment
- Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, Risk Assessment process and safe systems of work
- Able to test / fault find and install in highway locations
- Full UK Driving Licence
What makes this role unique?
You will coordinate with third parties in respect of the introduction of new Highways communications infrastructure.