3 days left
- Contract Type
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Come and join Amey Group IT Technology department, where we the team are at the heart of the business transformation, standardising our IT offering, whilst developing and embedding a more digital approach. This is an exciting time of change for the business, where we are moving from an outsourced model to investing in our internal capability where you can truly make a difference.
As part of this growth we are looking to appoint an experienced Microsoft "full stack" developer, to be part of our platforms team.
- Design, build, test, deploy, support and sustain software applications, interfaces and libraries built on .NET, C# and Web technologies
- Maintain automated builds and releases across different environments using Azure DevOps for continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Manage successful outcomes across all stages of the development lifecycle of the project, making sure that products at all stages are fit for purpose, appropriately tested and meet agreed performance levels
- Develop work plans and technical documents covering solution architecture, technical design, integration, testing, and implementation
- Communicate effectively with wide range of stakeholders including developers, architects and business owners, to achieve a shared delivery plan
- Keep abreast of changes in the technology market to understand the opportunities with and risks from emerging IT changes
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in developing technology solutions using atleast one of the software architectural patterns such as MVC, MVVM, MVP etc.
- Database design and ability to write queries and stored procedures etc.
- Understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and tooling
- Ability to envisage and build solutions that exploit Azure (IaaS and PaaS)
- Knowledge of scaling and auto provisioning in Azure environment
- Understanding of monitoring and diagnostic tooling in Azure for Azure components e.g. API Management, App services SQL server etc.
- Ability to plan and estimate resources and costs appropriately for systems delivery
- Experience in designing and implementing web services and APIs (using SOAP, REST and JSON)
- Understanding of Azure build components such as logic apps, function apps, power apps, data factory etc.
- Understanding of mobile technologies such as Xamerin
- Understanding of the requirements for delivering using both an on-premise and externally managed hosting environments
- Clear understanding of the requirements for service transition and service management (e.g. to ITIL standards)
- Any degree or equivalent in computing or related subject (like computer science, information technology, software development, software engineering, business information systems etc.) would be advantageous