Area Manager - Inverness
About The Role
If you think betting and gaming is risky business...
…you’re right. You don’t become the biggest retailer in the industry by shying away from taking the odd chance.
At Ladbrokes Coral, we offer thousands of customers the thrill of a bet every single day, both in shops and online.
To make sure our betting shops are the most exciting on the high street, providing the best products and highest quality customer service in the industry, we need the brightest sparks, courageous leaders and innovative thinkers leading the 150 Areas that make up our UK estate.
We’re not looking for people who are interested in doing it how it’s always been done or hedging their bets.
If you love a challenge, play to win and aren't afraid to take a punt, come and join our field management team and be part of the next generation of retail bookmaking.
What will you be doing?
- Play a key role within the regional operations team working closely with the Regional Director, and other key stakeholders,
- Contribute to the development of the regional operational business strategy.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan for your Area that will support the attainment of the overall business strategy.
- Provide effective leadership, development and performance management across the Area
- Seek and promote innovative ways of delivering the Gross Win budget on OTC (Over the Counter) and Machines business in order to maximise profitability, both in the short and long term.
- Develop and deliver a 'People Plan' that focuses on engaging, developing and optimising the output of all colleagues
- Ensure that talent, development and succession plans are delivered across the Area ensuring a pipeline of high performing talent
- Monitor ongoing process and continuous improvement activity driven by achieving and exceeding customer expectation, delivering on service improvement plans, service quality measures and net promoter scores.
- Manage all cost lines within the budget and ensure all margin protection processes are implemented effectively
- Take the appropriate action to ensure the consistent delivery of the required ROI through upgrades, transfers and new licences.
- Ensure that all activity within the Area complies with the requirements of the Gambling Commission, the Company's licence and Health and
What you will need:
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Experience of working in a multi-site leisure/retail/hospitality/blue chip/customer focused environment within a middle management capacity.
- Experience of P and L ownership and substantial commercial contribution.
- A strong track record of building, managing and motivating teams to drive profit and growth
- Ability to develop cross-functional and cross-border relationships effectively and quickly.
- Ability to demonstrate directive and inspirational leadership skills whilst being a team player.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to develop a strong and practical set of controls and processes.
For internal candidates: By submitting your application you confirm that you have discussed this specific role with your line manager and they are supportive of your application.
About The Company
At Ladbrokes Coral, we believe we’ve got the best brands in betting and gaming; and the best people behind them too.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Our recent merger combined more than 230 years of heritage and opened up a world of exciting opportunities for the future. With the biggest UK retail estate in the industry, a growing digital business and an ever-expanding international presence, we want to be the world’s best betting and gaming company, where customers want to play and people want to work.