Section Engineer (Structures) - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business for an ambitious and talented Section Engineer (Structures) to work on the A421 scheme.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We are looking for a Section Engineer who has a history of Structures experience. The Section Engineer will have good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to Civil Engineering. A hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project is required. The Section Engineer will hold a relevant industry qualification (HND / HNC / BEng).
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As the Section Engineer you will:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works
- Ensure work is executed in a safe manner meeting legal guidelines set out in health safety and requirements and environmental compliance
- Organise and supervise resources necessary to meet the contract programme
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied
The schemes consist of widening of an approximately 3km long section of the existing A421 carriageway to a dual carriageway. This section extends between M1 Junction 12 and the Eagle Farm Roundabout, approximately parallel to and immediately southwest of the M1.
The road is currently a single carriageway and the scheme involves constructing a new westbound carriageway alongside to create a dual carriageway. The works required to be undertaken include;
- Widening of existing embankments and cutting along westbound side of the existing A421
- Relatively minor earthworks are also required along the existing eastbound carriageway
- Replacement of the existing Cranfield Road overbridge
- Construction of a new Bridleway overbridge and associated approach earthworks
- 3 no. retaining walls
- 2 no. culvert extensions
- 4 no. new drainage ponds / attenuation basins
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.