Regional Operations Manager - SCOTLAND
*Please note this role will cover the Scotland Region
About The Role
At Ladbrokes Coral, we offer thousands of customers the thrill of a bet every single day, both in shops and online.
The industry is facing some unprecedented challenges and our Regional Operations Managers are at the front line of what’s to come but we believe this presents us with a huge opportunity to do things differently.
To make sure our betting shops are the most exciting on the high street, providing the best products and highest quality customer service in the industry, we need great operators and courageous leaders across our 8 individually operated Regions that make up our UK shop estate.
Our Regional Operations Managers are an integral part of the Regional teams, working closely with the Regional Director, Area Managers and other key stakeholders to fully support and deliver the Retail Plan. Each Regional Operations Manager has P&L responsibility for up to 8 Area Managers and c200 dual branded shops.
Leading by example, you will be highly visible and provide effective leadership across your Region. In your role you will;
- Provide in the moment feedback to colleagues, creating a high support, high challenge culture. Lead, coach, engage and motivate Area Managers and shop colleagues.
- Be responsible for the rigorous delivery of the company plan and tackle issues specific to your Region in the most effective way.
- Regularly monitor KPIs and data to ensure continuous improvement of performance.
- Diligently manage all cost lines within the budget, ensuring all profit protection processes are implemented effectively.
- Understand and implement what is required to deliver the ROI from all CAPEX spend.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the market place in which you operate and a curiosity about competitor activity and what is happening across the industry as a whole.
- Create a high performing team across all of your Region by ensuring people management activities such as recruitment, on-boarding, training & development and performance management, are delivered and managed consistently and to a high standard.
- Take ownership for the operational delivery of your Regions people plan, focusing on engaging and developing colleagues and creating a robust succession plan.
- Pro-actively address any issues that arise head on and be prepared to have difficult conversations as often as the need arises, with impact.
- Ensure all colleagues receive timely, relevant, meaningful communication.
- Actively participate in regional team meetings.
- To maintain and hold a Personal Management Licence (PML) as issued by the Gambling Commission (which incorporates an application to the Disclosure & Barring Service). This requires the individual to maintain a sound knowledge of all current industry matters in accordance with the Gambling Act’s three licensing objectives.
- Ensure all activity within the Region complies with the requirements of the Gambling Commission, the Company’s licence and Health & Safety, in order to minimise risk and protect our customers, colleagues and the reputation of the business.
Experience of working in a tough multi-site environment (betting/leisure/retail/hospitality preferred) within a Senior Management capacity
Experienced manager who has previously managed and led high-performing teams with a strong track record of improving colleague engagement
Previous experience of P&L ownership
- Strong implementer who can take appropriate action from a set of agreed plans, data & processes
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the wider business
- Driven and enthusiastic with an ability to inspire and motivate others
- A “can do”, solution focused outlook
- A “plan, do, review” approach to work in order to deliver continuous improvement
- Resilient – this is a fast paced, pressurised environment going through extensive change
- Able to prioritise a large and varied work load effectively for optimum business impact
- Authentic, clear communicator with the ability to deliver simple, impactful communications and importantly, not afraid to face in to tough conversations and own the message