Business Analyst- Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We are currently recruiting for a talented, motivated and ambitious Business Analyst to join our IT team in our Rugby head office.
Work closely with the business to identify possible solution to business needs, carry out analysis to identify the most suitable solution in conjunction with input from the IT team and then manage and coordinate activities associated with the delivery, testing and implementation stages of the project and undertake post project reviews
- Get clear documented requirements of the business need
- Document the “as is” and “to be” states to give a clear understanding of the change involved
- Identify the changes needed to deliver the project not only IT related but also business processes
- Communicate regularly on the status of the work they are undertaking to the nominated team and also the relevant sponsors and stakeholders
- Ensure that all projects and activities are compliant with IT standards and governance models
- Work closely with the business to identify requirements and benefits
- Ensure appropriate levels of governance are applied at all times.
- Ensure the project plan activities allocated are progressed and completed to schedule and any deviations reported to the project manager
- Ensure testing is completed, using test scripts, to the business satisfaction to allow any changes or new systems are put live
- Work with the business to document business processes to support changes and new systems
- Work with other members of the IT team to create IT processes and methods to improve the quality of IT delivery
- Work with 3rd parties to identify scope and deliver suitable solutions.
- Ensure all changes and new systems are handed over into support in a fully supportable form together with the necessary support handover documentation
- Provide support in tender submissions.
To have a successful application, you will have:
- ITIL Qualified(preferred)
- Prince2 (preferred)
- Experience carrying our business analysis for IT solutions
- Experience of formal methods and processes and documentation standards
- Experience of acting as an IT representative in the business community
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to explain technical solutions in business terms
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer focussed
About the Central Support team
Predominately based in our Rugby Head Office, the central support team is made up of many support functions key to the success of the wider business. We partner with the sector and regional Business Units to provide exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers.
We have a great opportunity for you to join this customer focused team where you can grow your skills and progress in your career. We are looking for people who share our passion on delivering exceptional customer service whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment. Talented people are the key to our success, so if this sounds like you, apply now.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.