Customer Service Advisor - Office based
L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK's most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 97,000 homes, primarily across London and the South East.
As a charitable organisation, our role goes beyond providing homes and housing services. We are a long-term partner in the neighbourhoods where we work. We hope to build aspiration, opportunity and confidence in our communities through our GBP 250 million L&Q Foundation and our skills academy.
In response to the housing and affordability crisis, we will build 100,000 new homes over ten years. Of these, 60,000 homes will be built or funded by L&Q, whilst a further 40,000 will come through partnerships. Crucially, at least 50% of these new homes will be genuinely affordable, with a target of 60% in London.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
The Customer Service Centre:
Our customers are the most important part of our business and as a member of the customer service centre, it is vital that you have the passion as a customer service professional to deliver excellence every time. We are growing as a company and the Customer Service Centre receive circa 3000 inbound calls per day. We're looking for someone who can demonstrate strong communication skills, is a high achiever who drives to meet and exceed KPIs but also has experience of prioritising and managing their own time. This will be measured against the high standards of customer satisfaction we set ourselves, are you up to the challenge? If you are, then you sound perfect for our team!
- manage pre-dominantly inbound telephone queries promptly, demonstrating the L&Q values at all times.
- provide first contact resolution, through ownership of queries and taking the relevant action required including liaising with departments where needed.
- accurately update and record customer call information on all systems and ensure all information given is accurate and company policies/procedures are adhered to.
- effective time management to meet call and quality metrics including service level KPIs, achieving 90% customer satisfaction scores.
- keeping knowledge up to date to equip you to handle a variety of inbound/outbound calls.
- excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- ability to work in a fast paced customer service centre and utilising resources available to provide first contact resolution.
- confidence to work individually whilst also having the ability to work collaboratively to provide exceptional customer service.
- computer skills, including Microsoft office.
- experience working in a call centre is desirable.
- good time management skills
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full site of benefits:
26 days holiday (rising to 31 days with length of service)
Annual bonus subject to group performance
Excellent pension scheme
Employee Assistance programme
Non- contributory life assurance
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role with the opportunity to progress, this is an ideal role for you!