Part Time M&A Analyst / Financial Due Diligence
Job Description – Part Time M&A Analyst Financial Due Diligence
Dynamically growing independent school platform are looking to bring a newly created M&A Analyst position to support them as they embark on a buy and build strategy.
This private equity funded business, which has a strong educational leadership team, has acquired four schools and one nursery and is due to complete two more acquisitions in the short term. The plan is to continue to grow predominantly through bolt-on acquisitions focusing on K12 independent schools and nurseries in the expanded South East of the UK. The position will work directly with the CFO and senior management team on executing a pipeline of upcoming deals.
· Initial assessment of target data and identify missing information
· Liaise with the target to obtain additional information and seek qualitative analysis of key trends and explanations
· Template presentation of historic and current period financial data provided by target
· P&L financial projections based on key assumptions agreed with senior management
· Liaising with and working alongside the Private Equity house who are funding the acquisitions
· Preparing acquisition / investment papers to be presented to the Board and Private Equity partner
· Helping to agree deal structures and offers on each school
· Ad hoc modelling support and deal analysis
· Provide support and assist in the integration of each school post acquisition
· Qualified accountant with post qualified experience in transaction services/due diligence or in-house M&A
· Experience in a top 10 accounting firm preferred
· Exposure to education sector desirable but not essential
· Experience in modelling and report preparation
· Driven, proactive individual who can work in a fast paced, growth environment
· Comfortable being very hands on operating without a lot of external support
Able to start on short notice preferred but not essential.
Time commitment is flexible but approximately 2-3 days a week on average. Role leads to remote working with regular meetings in Central London.
Attractive salary commensurate to the time commitment and experience.