Associate Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Associate Temporary Works Engineer to work within our MSES Business Unit.
This is a senior role within Temporary Works Design, acting as one of the main points of contact with respect to technical matters. You may act as the main point of contact to Clients. You will be responsible for organising or undertaking design and checking work or providing other professional services as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
- Attendee and contributor to the weekly resource meeting.
- May be Responsible for the management of a Sector.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall performance of the sector with respect to turn-over and Perfect Delivery where appropriate.
- Must ensure high standards are maintained from direct reports and other members of the MSES team.
- Must endeavour to continuously improve own knowledge and performance and that of direct reports.
- Attendee and contributor to the Quarterly Engineering Forum
- Responsible for engineering and quality matters associated with the sector within which they operate.
The right applicant will have experience on key sectors – Highways, structures, rail, and buildings. Ideally the candidate will have career experience in delivering construction projects or working in a design environment.
- CEng or equivalent with relevant approved industry body.
- As line manager responsible for maintaining the skills matrix for direct reports
and reviewing entries for the team under their control.
- CSCS card holder
- Expected to be an expert in at least one subject relevant to the discipline within which they operate.
- Expected to have extensive experience, understanding and knowledge of subject matter relevant to the discipline within which they operate.
- Expected to undertake business development and work winning activities within Sector or Discipline.
- Able to compile fee proposals for medium to large projects in conjunction with the Head of Engineering and Commercial team.
- Proven ability to work to project budgets.
Morgan Sindall Engineering Solutions (MSES) is an engineering consultancy within Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, we specialise in providing; multi-sector temporary works design, underground permanent works design (tunnels & shafts), expertise across digital, material and geotechnical engineering and design management services. We have five offices across the UK; Rugby, Stafford, Salford, London and Motherwell. We currently work across a number of sectors including; Highways, Nuclear, Energy, Water, Aviation and Rail & Electrification.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.