Senior Planner - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Planner to work on the HS2 Fusion JV.
The Senior Planner will provide planning management and support to both the pre-contract and contract operations for the business and coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals and multiple projects in progress.
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team. Extensive experience of the Civils industry is required for this role, as is holding a degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Educated to professional level with a relevant degree or equivalent in a core business discipline
- Thorough understanding and experience in the use of project management software
- Extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis
- Ability to plan construction works from first principles, preferably with experience in multi discipline major projects
- Extensive site experience on business related projects in a management or supervisory Extensive experience of the impact that commercial events have on the baseline programme
- Extensive experience of working on multi-discipline projects within the Morgan Sindall sectors
- Bid and project planning experience on construction projects
- Experience in recognition and recording of any change in requirements
- Experience of actively measuring and monitoring performance and the presentation of the results in a logical manner to support continuous improvement
- Experience in the interpretation of data and information and producing it in a clear and logical format capacity
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.