Service Locator - Land Surveying - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Service Locator within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will be joining a passionate and dedicated Team working together on this innovative project.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Service Locator you will:
- Undertake the duties of Service Coordinator.
- Maintain Service Protection Plan.
- Plan, manage, supervise and undertake site surveys including trial holes and pit surveys.
- Provide advice and guidance to site management teams.
- Ensure that those responsible for on-site supervision receive full details of the services including drawings, permits and any limitations / restrictions;
- Undertake appropriate utility location techniques to clearly mark the location of services.
- Prepare and issue the permit to break ground.
- Brief the workforce on the utilities present, exclusion zones and approved methods of working.
- Supervision/monitoring of excavation works to assure compliance with exclusion zones and approved methodology.
- Maintain all location markings throughout the works by rescanning and marking.
- Ensure the correct equipment such as locating devices are available on site and are fit for use (Calibrated and tested).
- Liaise with service owners and client representatives, obtaining formal responses as required.
- Maintain live permit register / permit board
- Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment compliance
- Setting out utilities and recording as-built and unchartered utilities.
- QCF Level 3 in Utility Surveying (and working towards Level 5)
- Sound knowledge of HSG47 and PAS 128
- Service tracing using of CAT and Genny (typically RD 8000) in the various modes with the accessories supplied;
- Experience with GPS surveying;
- Knowledge of the use of ground penetrating radar
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.