Training Manager - Flexible Working Available
Location: Heathrow Airport
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Training Manager to provide a comprehensive development and training service within the Framework at Heathrow Airport.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of around 200 employees who are passionate and dedicated.
The Training Manager will:
- Implement and maintain the Aviation Apprenticeship scheme in conjunction with the business and the Heathrow Academy.
- Accountable for the management and implementation of the Morgan Sindall Academy, ensuring appropriate use, utilising local content and reporting.
- Analyse corporate and individual training needs in conjunction with the HRBP and the Senior Leadership team.
- Understand the mandatory construction and safety training required for the airport and how these can be best delivered.
- Manage and ensure the delivery of the training requirements from the annual appraisal process.
- Ensure a robust and efficient succession planning process.
- Management of training budget and reporting
- Ensure CITB grant recovery.
- Delivery of in house training where appropriate and as required.
- Provide proactive support, advice and guidance on all training issues
- Identify skill gaps within Aviation by working with management team.
- Ensure new suppliers, when required, are properly evaluated and selected, taking appropriate advice
- Continually review supplier performance and share information
- Previous experience delivering training and development, preferably within the Construction sector
- Degree level qualified
- Recognised teaching qualification such as PTLLS or ACT desirable
- PC and numerate literate including Excel, Word and databases with good keyboard skills
- Numerate with good analytical skills
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive about Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.