An opportunity exists within our Utilities business division based out of our East Midlands Airport office for a proactive and data driven individual to join our Commercial team. In this varied role you will support a number of contracts under the utilities arm of our business with a predominant focus on our Severn Trent Water account. As part of this large project our dedicated teams carry out clean water mains renewal and maintenance, as well as delivering sewer upgrades, flood alleviation, and installing and refurbishing pumping stations. We are also the sole provider for metering and developer services across the Network.
As a Commercial Assistant you will provide pivotal commercial administrative support to a team of 11, your day to day responsibilities will include.
- Administration duties at Procurement stage, preparing enquiry packs, collating tender information.
- Analyse sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment, in liaison with Quantity Surveyors.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Surveyors.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate/directed.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Assist in preparation of sub-contract accruals. Agree/present to Surveyor.
- General office duties including accurate collation and storage of information.
- Processing and issuing sub-contract orders for approval by surveyors.
- Administration of applications for payment,
What are we looking for?
This exciting role would suit a proactive individual who is interested in establishing a commercial or quantity surveying career. A background or degree in these areas would be beneficial but is not essential, but you should have a minimum of a Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualification). Fundamentally you will need to have strong administration and data handling skills, with a methodical approach to working, and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.