Senior Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail & Electrification Business Unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team. The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team. Experience of subcontract package management and a Civils background is essential for this role.
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliance
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including; Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager / COINS / Sphere)
- Risk management
- Personnel management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
- A working knowledge of current legislation
- Proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract
- Negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating both to customers and suppliers
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
- Experience working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts
About the Project:
Kings Cross - Kings Cross Remodelling is a key rail scheme on the Governments Railway Improvement Programme. King’s Cross station throat and approaches are to be remodelled including new track layout, new Overhead Line Electrification (OLE) and modified platforms to suit to modified track layout, and a new conventional signalling system controlled from York Regional Operating Centre (ROC). Key benefits following the works will be an increase in the reliability of Track, Signalling and Control System assets. This Project is due for completion for 2020
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.