Learning & Development Instructional Design Specialist - Flexible Working Available
The Business Enablement Team is a new team within the Arm Technology Services Group that provides technical products and services that support Arm engineering. As part of this new function we have a People Engagement & Learning team who are looking for a learning & development specialist with significant instructional design experience to join the team. We seek to deliver an adaptive learning solution providing a positive customer experience blended with Arm’s culture & values. You would be supporting three internal customer groups, TSG as a business function, the Engineering Community who use the TSG platforms & services & the Project Management Office who support the Delivery Community across Arm.
What would you be doing?
As a member of the team we want you to put the learner at the heart of what you do, ‘what can we do to enable our customers to do their best work?’ will be a question we would like you to keep at the forefront of your role.
The development support you provide will be dynamic ranging from enabling the engineers to use technical platforms; providing new starters with key process or business information to development of promotional content for transformational change programs and raising awareness on agile working practices.
Ideally you will apply 70:20:10 thinking to craft a learner-centric approach which is mindful of people’s experiences, performance, workplace & learning styles.
You will design blended solutions that will engage the learner using the most efficient & appropriate deliverable methods & learning approaches whilst being mindful that arm is located across board geographies & multiple time zones & our customers can often hold very technical roles.
In crafting and developing content, you will partner with people across the business to understand their challenges, find opportunities and uncover true learning requirements. You will work closely with Subject Matter Experts to collate information that you will use to create high-quality learning interactions. The understanding you develop and content you craft will flow into new starter programs & support established employees in the execution of their roles & in their ongoing development.
Having developed content you will be responsible for its update & maintenance. For example, some technical platforms are delivered via agile projects starting with a minimal viable product & then built on via future releases. In these instances you will draw upon your experiences to balance the best learning experiences with the least amount of development overhead in an equally agile approach to design thinking.
There will also be the opportunity to get involved in face to face delivery of content, either through virtual training or train the trainer approaches should we build these options into our adaptive learning approach.
What skills & experience do I need?
- You need experience in building blended learning solutions via different delivery mechanisms (this does not have to be in tech sector but some technical learning exposure would be useful)
- As we are a new function we want you to bring a broad set of learning and development experiences and skills to the team, instructional design experience will be a big part of this but will not be the sole focus
- You will need to balance multiple delivery streams & run your own work, communications & partner relationships across an agile delivery lifecycle
- You should craft training that engages learners using techniques such as eLearning, simulations, narration, video, quizzes, webinars, infographics, lunch & learn's etc.
- Experience or ideas around successful social learning approaches including communities of practice, & shared practice events/forums
- A validated approach in designing training via an established development method: Assessing the need, develop using the appropriate solution, assess impact, iterate based on feedback/data, maintain & update
- knowledge & application of how we learn as adults to ensure you can apply a behavioural over-lay to what we implement
- What's new? Awareness of the current trends in training to enable continuous improvement in the development & design approaches we use
- The ability to design content that can be used at scale across various time zones without crafting single points of failure/dependency
- An agile mindset - Experience of working in an agile team with a flexible approach to learning creation & delivery
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.