Market Intelligence Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Arm defines the pervasive computing shaping today’s connected world. Realised in 100 billion silicon chips, our device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology transforming our lives — from smartphones to supercomputers, from medical instruments to agricultural sensors, and from base stations to servers.
Arm is now diversifying into the next wave of pervasive computing - the Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT market is a dynamic and rapidly evolving market space. Arm wants to maintain its leadership position and be at the forefront of delivering groundbreaking IoT on a global scale. It is important that we develop and maintain a deep understanding of this market. We are therefore looking to recruit a Market Intelligence Analyst to join our connectivity business. You will play a pivotal role delivering insight and analysis that helps support key business decisions and strategy. This is a phenomenal opportunity for you to become part of a creative global technology company, with extraordinary plans for growth.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will support colleagues in the group by delivering insightful market specific reporting to the Connectivity Management business unit.
- You will directly influence the businesses understanding of immediate and future competitive trends in the telecoms, IoT and digital sectors
- You will influence and transform the way research and analysis is delivered by exploring new techniques and methods that engages staff and executives in competitive market developments
- You will gather data from across Arm’s ecosystem to identify the underlying trends that are driving Arm’s growth in each market.
- Combining internal data sources with third party reports, you will develop leading-edge understanding of market dynamics and Arm's competitive position.
- You will deliver regular and engaging market insight reports and presentations to key team members, using collaborative tools such as the Office365 suite of applications
- To support the business planning process, you will build and maintain a detailed model of Arm's future revenues and sizing our addressable market.
- Working with our Product Marketing team you will support our market positioning strategy through insightful reporting
- You will develop an effective approach to management of data sources, improving the standardisation and automation of reports.
- Support Arm analyst relations activity, and maintain up-to-date body of research reference material - including subscriptions to on-line research tools
- You will undertake regular visits to industry events, developing good working relationships with analyst and consulting firms in this sector.
- As a positive and articulate advocate of our competitive position, you will be able to refer to a wide range of industry perspectives when developing your analyses.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You will be educated to degree level, demonstrating a highly analytical mind-set
- You have confirmed experience in statistical, financial, economic, data analysis, or forecast modelling
- You can be creative in communicating complex ideas with elegant, visual simplicity
- You can demonstrate track record of working in emerging technology markets, with a good understanding of IoT, digital and telecom network trends (technology and market)
- Ability to collect, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to influence senior people through evidence-based analysis (through presentation and written reports etc)
- You are highly motivated and outcome driven
- You possess enthusiasm, can learn quickly and possess a desire for continuous self-improvement and change
- You will need an advanced knowledge of Excel, and other analytical tools and applications such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, amongst others
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.