Jeopardy Management Operative
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are seeking a Jeopardy Management Operative join our Core Networks and Operations function as we continue to expand our network across the UK. We are looking for someone that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Our Technology and Innovation function really is the force behind Virgin Media. Without these super people we wouldn’t have the latest technology in place to constantly challenge our competitors and continue taking the UK market by storm.
Working in our Technology and Innovation function is very unique. We work collaboratively with Liberty Global in a PAN European Delivery Function, meaning our opportunities are now more exciting than ever! We are now proud to be part of the world’s largest broadband communications company and continue to delight our customers in true Virgin style!
What is the job?
Fast, efficient and fit for the future. That’s our network. But it could equally describe our Engineers. After all, they’re the ones who make it all happen. The fastest and most powerful cable network in the UK (that’s ours, by the way) benefits from over £2bn of investment. And our Network team are the ones who make the money go all the way to ‘wow’.
We are looking for a Jeopardy Management Operative who will be accountable for the management and communication of all incidents and problems within Virgin Media that impact our customers, effectively administering all outages through to resolution, driving to target fix times and escalating where needed.
As the Jeopardy Management Operative you will identify and take action to improve the Networks Fault Management process and procedure. You will work with a variety of teams to actively and effectively communicate outages and other issues affecting service levels across all our products to affected areas of the business and to external customers. As the Jeopardy Management Operative you will work closely with internal and external departments to ensure resolution in a timely manner and with minimal impact on customers, ensuring all relevant parties are aware of customer impacting outages.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Identifying and highlighting lower priority outages that are impacting contact centre KPI’s and driving quicker fix.
• Working to agreed business SLA's and KPI's to manage Remedy tickets and associated ICOMS fault tickets.
• Ensuring known error tickets are communicated to agents & customers including workarounds target fix times and commercial statements.
• Work to reduce aged ticket numbers and tickets approaching SLA deadlines.
• Liaising with third parties responsible for service restoration.
• Participate in helping identify root cause and impacts to customers / contact centres. Take actions to improve through to completion.
• Ensuring communication portals to the business and customers are updated in a timely manner.
• Working closely with 1st line & 2nd line fault agents to communicate both Network and platform related outages
• Responsible for all customer communications via the IVR / Outage Communicator.
• Support Social network teams on outage queries that are received through this portal.
• Act as main focal point for logging of widespread customer-affecting issues. Manage the on-going communication of these issues via appropriate departments
• Ensure all customers affected by outages have received a communication from Virgin Media upon identification and resolution of Outage.
• Carry out root cause and trend analysis to identify underlying faults and take an action to improve network fault management. process
Are you right for the role?
- Ability to work under pressure and respond immediately and calmly when unanticipated outages arise: to quickly prioritize activities, communicate internally and externally with customers and to ensure minimum impact to the business
- Communication skills to produce timely, accurate and informative on-line reports with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences of all levels using various forms of communication.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and amend plans as necessary
- Can demonstrate ability to take ownership of a problem or requirement
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience collating and analysing information for senior management via reports and impromptu face to face meetings
- Knowledge of customer and fault management systems
- Previous experience within a helpdesk or similar environment
- Broad knowledge of internet/broadband technologies and products to be able to diagnose issues and trends in incoming call patterns would be beneficial
- Understanding of systems such as ICOMs, CDFE, Cardie, Red Tool would be beneficial
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a family friendly & flexible working environment where you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology so they can do more, be more and have more fun. Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!