Senior Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
25099046001, Senior Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure: Compliance with all relevant technical standards; Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required; Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
What are we looking for?
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages including CAD and Microstation
- Demonstrable experience in Rail
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.
More searches like this
- Construction & Property Full Time Flexible working available Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Engineering & Manufacturing Full Time Flexible working available Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Transport & Logistics Full Time Flexible working available Permanent jobs in Bristol (City Centre)