Senior E&P Design Engineer
25117714, Senior E&P Design Engineer
Fast Track your Career!
Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the Wales and Borders train service and to develop the Cardiff Central Metro. This is the biggest ever contract to be awarded in Wales and we will work closely with TfW to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network. You can be a part of this long-term, high profile Welsh railway transformation project alongside Amey Consulting
What would you do?
- Fulfilling a senior role within Amey, providing leadership and mentoring to the Intermediate and Design Engineers.
- Managing the design teams for the projects to meet deadlines, quality, budgetary, targets, whilst meeting or exceeding Clients expectations.
- Develop appropriate Electrical engineering concepts for the signalling Power design, Point heating, lighting, building services (Electrical) and some OLE/ Traction design and solutions and prepare the detailed design briefing documents to commence the detailed design process
- Develop and specify applications of discrimination, Protection Studies, instruments, and operating systems for all Electrical Power systems
- Specify activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and Operational testing conforms to functional specifications and customer requirement
- Undertake surveys, tests, reports on existing Electrical systems performance and services installations
- Represent the company at technical, contract administration and project management meeting with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Use CAD and BIM software to perform engineering tasks
- Compile and coordinate the design team to provide optimum electrical services to the client
- Undertake coordination of engineering services
- Maintain regular contacts with clients and authorities
- Obtain first-hand information with regard to business development and pursue relevant opportunities
- Carry out the Duties of CRE in accordance with Network Rail standards Ensure that bids submitted are fully compliant with the ITT
What are we looking for?
- BSc/BEng in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable and proven experience in design in the Railway environments i.e. OLE, tractions, Signalling power, Point heating Design, Lighting and Building services
- Preferably IET member and CEng eligibility
- Previous knowledge of design, specification, team leadership and proficiency in electrical power system design software packages such as Hevacomp and AMTECH
- Experience in supervising most aspects of electrical power system design including: the application of design standards, managing specialist sub-consultants, and complex project delivery methods
- Experience in working in a design environment, construct and tendered design services environment
- A good knowledge of submitting bids that are fully compliant with the ITT
- Ability to identify innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to work well within a team environment and build rapport with work colleagues
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees. We can also offer a flexible work week to suit a healthy work-life balance.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year, including cycle to work and interest-free season ticket loan. All employees are also able to participate in our community involvement day to volunteer and make a difference in their community.
As a multidisciplinary, design and build organisation you will have the opportunity to work closely alongside internal construction and test colleagues as well as other design disciplines.