25128444001, Principal Environmentalist
To act as technical lead for Environmental teams engaged in the delivery of commissions undertaken by Amey Consulting. The Principal EIA coordinator will typically assume accountability for the Environmental content of projects within his/her portfolio.
- To co-ordinate all environmental and landscaping obligations arising in connection within projects and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements.
- The co-ordination of Senior Environmental and Senior Landscaping Specialists to ensure the successfully delivery of environmental and landscaping outputs.
- Act as Amey’s local technical specialist within the specific discipline, providing advice, guidance and supervision as appropriate to internal technical teams, operational managers, clients and suppliers.
- Undertake line management duties when required
- Provide office or contract level support to the training, mentoring and development of staff to achieve appropriate professional qualifications and career ambitions, playing an active role in the delivery of training programmes
- Deliver all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications, ensuring that project requirements are fully met
- Produce or oversee the production of technically sound environmental solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, including the CDM Regulations
- Ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System and contribute to its future development
- Work with project managers in the preparation of cost estimates and subsequent successful delivery of commissions to programme and within budget
- Prepare and administer contracts, including responding to project related correspondence
- Provide specialist Environmental advice and support to the bidding process
- Maintain good relationships with clients and other external parties that enhance the reputation of the company
- Face the client, ensuring that their requirements are effectively communicated to the team
- Play an active role in the delivery of the competency management system
- Professional Profile
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- Recognised professional qualifications such as: Chartered Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment; or another equivalent qualification with substantial experience relevant to the provision and performance of the Services.
- UK driving licence
- To develop and manage environmental and landscaping studies and impact assessments.
- To undertake sufficient checks on the environmental and landscaping scheme impact assessments and work-streams.
- To co-ordinate environmental and landscaping studies, design and reporting deliverables.
- To manage issues arising from Scheme level environmental and landscaping studies, measurement, analysis and reporting.
- To liaise with Senior Environmental Specialists and Senior Landscape Specialists, together with liaising and managing any other consultants including any specialist organisations who may be employed by Amey or the Client for projects.
- To ensure issues arising from environmental and landscaping studies, measurement, analysis and reporting shall be fully understood and addressed.
- To act as an expert witness on behalf of the Client at any Public Local Inquiry which may be required.
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite
- High level technical skills, with the ability to lead technical teams
- High level communication skills, with the ability to lead complex internal and external discussions and/or negotiations with local clients and other stakeholders
- Substantial experience of dealing with clients, suppliers, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
- Proven track record in production of technically sound environmental solutions, which may include innovation
- Proven track record in the training, mentoring and development of staff to achieve appropriate professional qualifications and career ambitions
- Able to act as a competency assessor, so contributing to a system of competency management within the Environment & Sustainability business In depth knowledge of current and relevant health and safety legislation
- In depth knowledge of best practice methodologies relating to environmental protection and sustainable development
Minimum 10 years’ experience relevant to the discipline Recognised by colleagues and clients as a subject matter specialist
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Able to work alone or within a team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
- Must give highest consideration to the management of health, safety and welfare at all times
- Must be prepared to travel and work away from home, including periods on site
- Technical competencies
Specific health and safety related qualifications where required by the role, e.g. IOSH managing safely and IOSH working safely