Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
25123083001, Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer
This role is located in Glasgow, in our Eurocentral and Stepps offices
What is the purpose of this role?
Work within a design team to help ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards (particularly Eurocode 7) and delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time and to the quality required.
What will this role involve?
- Assist in the planning and execution of desk studies, ground investigations, outline and detailed geotechnical designs
- Assist with project planning, programming, cost control and administration
- Assist in the management and monitoring of the budget for projects Help maintain good working relationships with the Client and other interested parties
- Carry out inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation, cost estimating
- Respond to queries and liaise with clients, third parties and other stakeholder groups
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, technical documents and project reports ensuring compliance with current standards
- Attend meetings with the client and other organisations
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief
- Undertake surveys and site supervision duties
- Ensure compliance with the Integrated Management System
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation through the design and work stages
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required Assist in the implementation of cost effective and innovative design solutions
- Report on programme delivery, resources and budgets
- Support and supervise junior team members and liaise with the Project line manager to help coordinate the allocation of design team resources
What are we looking for?
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics) or equivalent
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of geotechnical software
- A proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Self-motivated with good organisation skills
- Flexible approach
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- A desire and willingness to develop career and existing skills, and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness
- Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
You will assist in the planning and execution of desk studies, ground investigations, outline and detailed geotechnical designs.