About The Role
We’re looking for a Java Software Engineer to join us in Stratford on a permanent basis. Your primary focus will be development of core integration microservices and maintenance of our various Data Fabric Services.
You’ll drive the introduction of technical and process innovation for greater system performance or resilience, lower cost of operation or improved solution design and delivery.
Participating in the creation of great backend systems and content management services, you’ll help ensure Ladbrokes Coral’s software platforms operate in high capacity and high quality.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Take part in building reusable code adhering to microservice architecture, to support the technological core and libraries of the company’s web products and applications to ensure its future use and maximum optimization, including speed and scalability.
- Review and validate deliverables and proposals from third party suppliers to ensure quality, standards and business requirements are met.
- Operate a Devops culture to ensure end-end ownership of the products and services
- Support third party integrations for the company’s various technological developments
- Collaborate with all development teams to improve code and the company’s software solutions.
- Write clean code to develop functional Services for the Ladbrokes Coral web and server products and address technical and design requirements.
- Interface with various storage solutions ensuring high performance and fast delivery of data. Code and deliver Application Program Interfaces to serve various technological frontend and backend needs.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues and propose solutions, work with the Development Operations team and the Quality Assurance personnel on debugging applications.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies, upgrade and maintain legacy applications.
- Follow emerging technologies; liaise with Frontend and Backend developers, Designers and System Administrators to identify new development features. This includes assessing new technologies.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- 4+ years of development experience including 2+ years of Java development experience.
- Working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic corporate environments.
- Experience in the betting industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Self and fast learner.
- Passionate about technology and always looking to learn and develop.
- Interested in working in a fast paced environment with collaborative teams.
Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies would be highly desirable:
○ Spring Framework
○ JAVA version 8 or more
○ AWS EC2
○ Node.js , React.js
○ ElasticSearch SQL and no-SQL Database
○ Apache Camel
○ Apache KAFKA
○ REST, SOAP
○ JSON, XML, protobuf
About The Company
At Ladbrokes Coral, we believe we’ve got the best brands in betting and gaming; and the best people behind them too.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Our recent merger combined more than 230 years of heritage and opened up a world of exciting opportunities for the future. With the biggest UK retail estate in the industry, a growing digital business and an ever-expanding international presence, we want to be the world’s best betting and gaming company, where customers want to play and people want to work.