Front End Developer
- Taking charge of developing the front-end, in React or willing to learn React
- Working closely with back-end developers to elaborate solutions and building end-to-end implementations
- Working with Product / BAs / QAs / Scrum Master / Delivery Manager in a small, focused Agile team
Must have attributes:
- Good understanding of software concepts
- Good problem solving
- Ability to communicate software concepts and approaches to solving problems, both verbally and visually
- Ability to translate these concepts and solutions into working code
Ideal tech skills set
- React (Or willing to learn)
- Java 8
We will consider a candidate with demonstrable knowledge of an alternative front-end framework, provided they can commit to learning React. Likewise, we will consider a candidate who has coded Java prior to version 8 but who has gained experience of functional programming by other means.
Our project is technically interesting, and there is an opportunity to work directly with some very strong backend developers. There is also an opportunity for somebody to come in and grow their knowledge of software, and maybe a chance to lead as well.
Although the work will be mainly on the front-end initially, we need a developer who knows how to build maintainable, extensible software that can handle high throughput at acceptable latency, with upmost attention to data integrity.
Such experience should have been gained though at least one substantial back end project.
Two-step interview process. There is an initial 'screening' video call, then a traditional face to face interview, with a decision on the day, or the day following.