Principal OLE Design Engineer
2 days left
- Contract Type
25125259001, Principal OLE Design Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The role is to provide sound technical skills to ensure project requirements and client’s specifications are fully met. The role should also provide senior guidance to staff within the discipline.
What will this role involve?
- Lead conceptual, outline and detailed design for OLE engineering solutions in allocation, basic and construction design.
- Lead feasibility studies, technical reports and other written documents.
- Lead the design, detailed allocation, construction design, and assessments on the Overhead Line Engineering.
- Deliver work to programme, budget and specification
- Be competent to check and approved OLE engineering solutions.
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience in Overhead Line design .
- Knowledge of UK rail industry practice and a familiarity with railway standards.
- A degree, HNC or other relevant qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD software, ideally Microstation
- Significant CRE experience
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation
- Enthusiastic, committed with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Computer literate with MS Word and other MS Office modules.
- Driving licence desirable.
- Already on / Previous Experience of being on a company Accreditation Certificate as “Designer” and “Checker”
- Hold Valid PTS
- Lead design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Supervise the work of junior staff.
- At as CRE, Checker, Approver and other senior project design roles
- Provide input into project quality plan and implement quality practice in all projects.
- Suggest best methods and practices to meet technical and project requirements.
- Ensure compliance with H&S, Environmental and other appropriate regulations.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme, within budget and ensuring compliance with all relevant technical standards.