Supplier Assurance Manager
Are you a superstar in the field of testing for supplier risks? Would you love to help keep Metro Bank safe, so that we can continue with our rapid growth? Can you see yourself working in a dynamic environment where we do not take ourselves too seriously? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Supplier Assurance Manager will take ownership of testing the cyber security control requirements for our outsourced functions at Metro Bank. You will provide assessments against risk and impact, and play a key part in making sure our cyber security risk exposure remains minimal. You will work closely with our Lead Security Assurance Manager (who will define our strategy within the Supplier Assurance team) and other partners across the Bank. The Supplier Assurance team work within Metro Bank’s procurement team, who purchase the services that we need for the best value, to help us carry on with our amazing journey of growth.
So what would you be doing?...
• Conducting cyber security risk, capability and/or maturity assessments
• Supporting the Lead Security Assurance Manager in defining the Supplier Controls Standard and test scripts
• Tracking and reporting open supplier risks and actions associated with our outsourced suppliers
• Guiding internal and external stakeholders in applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver comprehensive cyber security risk management
• Anticipating regulatory changes based on your understanding of cyber risks
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things..
• Cyber security experience within a first line of defence context, holding qualifications such as CCP, CISSP, CISM or CISA (or overseas equivalent)
• Experience of working in a similar role, within a fast paced and hands on environment
• A rising star when it comes to controls testing and able to anticipate emerging supplier risks and figure out what good controls look like
• You need a dedicated approach to solving problems and be able to think creatively to get the best results
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!