Business Development Manager - Part Time
Are you ready to become a Business Development Executive of a specialist advisory firm focussed on growth through business innovation for local businesses, tech/digital start-ups/scaleups and progressive SME’s in the SW of UK?
A truly unique opportunity for an enthusiastic Sales and Marketing oriented person to join an innovation centred business growth advisory company based in Bristol.
Our client supports founders, entrepreneurs & business owners to improve their businesses. Success outcomes could be anywhere from the idea-to-profits business spectrum, but will typically be increased revenue or #customers, entry into new markets, launch of a product or service, monetisation of a product or service, build stronger teams or get process efficiencies.
Our client is also a mentor in the Global #1 tech incubator, a local start-up accelerator and a scale-up growth hub, in Bristol, Bath and SW, and is a guest lecturer on Strategy and Innovation at a Top UK university Business school.
Clients of the company will typically participate in a range of group and individual programmes, planning and innovation days or bespoke programmes at Client premises.
- Are you friendly, charming and persuasive with a smart professional dress sense?
- Can you have an engaging conversation, & like to be well prepared for prospect/client meetings?
- Do you have the ability, confidence and attitude to get things done quickly and with your own initiative?
- Do you have a genuine interest in business, growth, innovation, industry trends and an enthusiasm for learning & development in your career?
- You have a creative mind, are comfortable with using or learning productivity tools/software & maybe even a technology enthusiast?
- Are you a pro-active and a supportive team-player who is keen to muck in and make sure everyone wins?
- Are you open to learning and acquiring new skills as you go along e.g. digital marketing?
- Are you resilient to set-backs in the sales processes but have a can-do attitude to get right back up?
- Are you analytical, and can work with data for leads & customer relationship system?
- Understand and apply the art of selling, and comfortable to do outbound calling or office walk-ins of leads/prospects?
- Have ideas and initiative to create new leads via phone, PR, mail or Digital campaigns, networking, events, webinars, seminars etc?
- Open to travel in South West UK as needed (our client’s area of business is mainly Bristol, Bath, Gloucester but also Somerset, Exeter, Plymouth at times)
- Results driven Sales and Business Development past experience is a bonus
About the role:
If you’re the Business Development Executive we’re looking for, you will need to be a self-starter. You will need to be at Bristol office (at least 2 times a week initially to understand the business and gain momentum). Together, we will work with SME business owners & founders to grow and improve their businesses to benefit the local economy & improve lives of them, families and employees.
You will be responsible for:
- Representing the company in front of prospective clients in person, by telephone or written communications.
- Your main goal will be to generate appointments and seminar attendees through sales and marketing activities. These will be through various channels like telephone calls, visiting business premises in person, networking, influencers, mutual business via professional firms, Digital lead generation (all Social media types, Linked-in) or using own contacts.
- You will drive the complete sales and follow-up process, which will also include creating and maintaining a database of prospects and clients as well as the follow-up communications with prospects and clients (via phone and mail).
- Keeping accurate records of performance KPIs and maintaining the client database (currently on MS Excel and a CRM System).
- Working with the office PA to support client seminars (once a month) – identify, inviting & ensuring attendees, making arrangements, hosting, feedback & follow-ups to convert prospect attendees to fee-paying clients.
Benefits and Reward.
- Basic pay per hourly DOE. OTE circa £40k (pro rata).
- Uncapped Bonus based on performance
- Flexible timings to suit other commitments. At least 25 hours/week for first 6 months, with option to work more.
- Flexible location. Required once a week in Bristol office (Cabot Circus, BS1) or home office of Director (Flax Bourton, Backwell BS48)
- Fun, rewarding, fair working environment to enjoy & earn more if you desire
- Our client is an Ex-BBC Masterchef contestant, often cooks & hosts employees
- Invitations to prestigious awards ceremonies & social events throughout the year.
- Career Development Opportunities to senior sales roles or even an advisor role.
- Possible support for professional education
To find out more please attach your CV to the link provided