6-month Fixed term contract, Full time or Part time
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit, as well as being a voluntary oversight body for the actuarial and accountancy professions, and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Actuarial Policy team is part of the Audit and Actuarial Division. We are responsible for setting technical actuarial standards, providing independent investigations and disciplinary hearings in public interest cases and exercising oversight of the regulation of the actuarial profession in the UK.
We are currently looking for a Personal Assistant to support the Director of Actuarial Policy and Finance Director on a fixed term basis.
The role involves:
- Proactively manage the Director’s office, organising their workload and supporting them in all aspects of their job
- Proactively manage diaries and co-ordinate meetings
- Preparing and/or distributing agendas, presentations and papers in advance of meetings as well as maintaining the teams planning document
- Liaising with stakeholders as necessary to support the Director and the team
- Proactively supporting the needs of the team with ad hoc duties
- Working in partnership with the other Personal Assistant to ensure a seamless job sharing service
Significant experience in personal assistant roles, ideally in professional services organisations or a regulatory environment are required. The ideal candidates will have:
- Extensive senior level support experience,
- Advanced level of IT packages including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint,
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise and take decisions with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels in a confident and professional manner,
- Ability to multi-task, use initiative and prioritise in order to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
If you are interested, please apply by emailing a copy of your CV together with a covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team by clicking apply below. In the covering letter, please:
- set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 30 May 2019.
The FRC is an Equal Opportunities employer