Commercial Manager (Route) x10
To provide post-contract commercial management of activities and post provision of specialist commercial advice, guidance and recommendations to maximise commercial opportunities and mitigate risks.
1. Support the functional teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance – compliance with Network Rail Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
2. Manage cost reporting of all allocated accounts within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
3. Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated accounts, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Contracts and Procurement Manager.
4. Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated accounts in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor’s commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
5. Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with Network Rail processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
6. Provide pro-active advice and guidance to the budget holders on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with Network Rail change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority including comparative estimates where required in a timely manner.
7. Produce of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
8. Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
9. Provide of ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
10. Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
11. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation for contract close-out (per the project authority, project plan) as required and within agreed timescales. For multi-year framework agreements, agree and reconcile annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
12. Support demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed accounts and feedback as per Cost Allocation Feedback process.
13. Support with pre and post contract procurement activities as appropriate.
14. Provide support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on account scale/scope as required.
15. Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participates in the associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Extensive experience in commercial management.
· Demonstrable relevant experience
· Good understanding of NR Suite and construction industry forms of contract
· Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
· Good negotiation skills
· Educated to degree standard in related subject
· Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
· Significant experience of working within a generalist commercial environment
· Awareness of industry issues
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt