Assistant Manager - Mortgage Portfolio Analytics
LBG has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK, underpinning the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, playing a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy, and helping our customers navigate their changing worlds.
Making a positive difference in this new world is at the heart of our strategy and vision to help Britain prosper, and to become the best bank for our customers. Mortgages are uniquely positioned to make a real impact in achieving this strategy because of the important part they play in our brand reach and support for the economy.
Sound like your kind of place?
This role forms part of the Mortgage Portfolio Analytics team within Customer Management and has a strong focus on the creation of analytical insight that will shape and inform customer and business strategy:
- Do you have experience in the extraction and evaluation of customer insight and large/complex data sources in order to understand drivers/trends, solve key business problems, and identify new opportunities?
- Have you got a strong background in defining reports required by the business and then crafting and building the underlying data solution?
- Are you adept at working collaboratively with a number of other business areas to ensure get things delivered on time / to a high standard?
- Alongside strong analytical skills you will also be an effective stakeholder manager as you will be required to leverage wider data and insight capabilities from across our group in order to deepen our understanding of customer motivation and refinancing need enabling us to make timely, effective interventions throughout our customer's Mortgage life.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Have strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Should be comfortable working with large and complex data and effective in generating and presenting insights.
- Experience working with large data sets in Excel is required; in addition, experience of using SAS / SQL / Tableau would be advantageous.
- Produce value adding performance MI across business area critical metrics as well as highlighting and evaluating the impact of emerging trends cross our extensive Mortgage Portfolio.
- Combine commercial acumen and customer insights to uncover and size Mortgage Retention opportunities for strategic focus.
- Experience of working with Mortgage customer data, Le Mans or GDW is preferred
- Be a strong and credible communicator, capable of working across business areas, collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be proficient at producing insightful reports and presentations, including creating storyboards for Executive audience.
- Have an eye for detail, ensuring all outputs are accurate and credible.
- Have a natural customer centric mind-set, and ensure the voice of the customer is present in all discussions and outputs.
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.