Assistant Supply Chain Coordinator (Products)
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Supply Chain Coordinator (Products) to join our National Supply Chain team based in our Hitchin office.
As part of this role, you will support the Supply Chain Manager (Products) in delivering a supply chain capable of meeting the needs of the business with regards to time, cost and quality.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen. Willmott Dixon genuinely is a great place to work with a true family ethos that can offer you the Career of a Lifetime!
Within the role you will be required to: -
* Build an in-depth knowledge of key components and identify areas to add value and drive innovation.
* Identify component related emergent defects and provide useable data to help influence component standardisation.
* Identify, vet and ensure the capability of new material supply chain members.
* Assist the Product Manager in the in the production and coordination of product component standardisation exercises.
* Pro-actively assist in the coordination of one off and recurring internal/external projects/events.
* Actively build relationships with the supply chain teams from each LCO.
* Actively raise awareness of standard components internally through verbal and written communication.
* Provide assistance to Purchasing co-ordinator in the roll out of group mandated agreements to each LCO and ensure compliance where WD is in control of the specification.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
You will ideally have proven experience of:
* Interacting with internal stakeholders to improve business performance
* General understanding of market, sector and partnering.
* An understanding of strategic approaches to procurement
* Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes
* Ability to engage and influence in-house departments
* Ability to prioritise and coordinate workload to maximise key business objectives
* Good negotiation and communication skills
* Good analytical and report presentation skills
* Knowledge of financial, market, and technical sources etc.
* Utilising data generated by the business to support suppliers workload forecasting
* Effective communication
* Ability to work as part of a team or alone as required
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Management of suppliers to meet business objectives Qualifications and Memberships Academic
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
* Good standard of mathematical ability (GCSE pass or equivalent).
* Good demonstrable standard of written and spoken English. Desirable:
* Relevant degree in construction.
* Valid Driving Licence
* Working towards professional membership e.g. MCIOB, MCIPS, RICS
* CSCS Card
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.