Senior Manager, Controls QA, Methodology & Reporting - Flexible Working Available
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO Business Risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group IT, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We are committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through developing and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
About the role...
- You will lead the Controls Quality Assurance, Methodology & Reporting Team who will play a leading role in enhancing the quality and effectiveness of controls through performing quality assurance activities within the control testing process.
- You'll be responsible for the delivery of high quality and value adding control testing; maintain the schedule of control testing (ensuring the maximum utilisation of the available resources and capabilities); measure the accuracy of our testing activities to inform required training; develop and enhance our testing methodologies and develop appropriate reporting of control related activities and outcomes.
- Lead the team to conduct reviews of control test plans, control design narratives, and test documents to ensure controls are evaluated effectively and consistently against the internal (policy requirements e.g.) and external standards (COBIT e.g.).
- Validate Business and IT controls and associated risk in an accurate and fully represented way in the risk landscape.
- Define the strategy of the Controls QA, Methodology & Reporting team, drawing on previous experience to define best practices.
- Maintain the integrity of test plans and manage changes in test plans.
- Provide expert guidance / support to Business and IT control testing teams and strive to increase delivery capabilities of the team.
- Monitor the consistency of testing plans applied by different team members, providing targeted feedback and guidance to address any identified thematic inconsistencies.
- Develop QA artefacts to standardise the process of QA reviews, draft QA policies and procedures.
- Lead periodic assessment of the effectiveness of QA activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake complex reviews/analyses in terms of scale, scope and specialism
- Identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
- Collaborate with control testers, control owners and risk partners to improve the control testing framework and methodology.
- Able to deputise for colleagues at grade G.
You'll report directly to the Business Risk & Governance Director.
So join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisations.
Together we make it possible.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle.