Big Data Hadoop Senior Technical Specialist - Home Working Available
As the UK's largest Retail Digital and commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help Britain prosper.
Our vision? Becoming the best bank for customers and the bank of the future.
The Big Data platform team is part of Group Chief Information Office and accountable for the hardware, operating system and Hadoop (HDP) layer. Join us as a Big Data Hadoop Senior Specialist and you'll find yourself being a critical member of our expanding team.
What would you be doing?
- Technical project delivery as a Hadoop Senior Systems Administrator.
- Working with our Enterprise Data team to review designs.
- Delivery of platform industrialisation and future proofing.
- Researching Big Data and Hadoop related industry best practice.
- Out of hours on call and incident resolution.
- Currency upgrades across all production, pre-production and development/test environments
- Risk Management.
What are we looking for in you?
A strong technical background plus we're also expecting you to have at least 2 years hands on experience of Red Hat (V6 onwards), knowledge of Hadoop (HDP) and the associated processes to manage the platform, the ability to work independently with a strong focus on delivery, strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to plan and work on multiple tasks.
Additionally some knowledge or exposure to the technical and operational processes used to deploy, support and maintain technical infrastructure and/or business application services (ITIL, SDLC etc.) would be really useful.
Any knowledge or experience of the following would be useful but aren't expected:
- SOLR, Phoenix or other Hadoop related products or tools.
- Performance and Capacity management.
- Platform Optimisation.
With platform coverage 24*7 you should be prepared to work flexibly. There's an opportunity to earn overtime and potentially work from home on an occasional basis.
What will you get in return?
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and champion inclusivity, diversity and equal opportunity.
We're also committed to the principles of agile working and are proud of the industry recognition we have received, including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 10 Employer for Working Families and Times Top 50 Employer for Women all in 2018.
You'll also get all the training and support you'll need to build a long and successful career with a wealth of opportunities to shape your future self.
You'll have an overall reward package which includes:
- Eligible for annual bonus scheme
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- A generous pension contribution
- Generous holiday allowance
- A 4% cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
We've advertised our full time salary which will be pro-rata for reduced hour working which we're happy to discuss with suitably experienced applicants.
So don't delay - if you're looking to extend your career in IT and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.