Project Manager - Flexible Working Available
About the role
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems ADAS applications such as mirror replacement, driver drowsiness detection and pedestrian protection systems drive the need for enhanced image processing within the vehicle. Complex camera technology must quickly process and analyse images under the most extreme conditions and be specifically designed for stringent automotive safety standards. Simply integrating standard camera technologies used in smartphones, or even consumer video cameras is not an option. The Arm Mali-C71 image signal processor ISP is designed from the ground up for ADAS System on Chips with automotive needs, such as adjusting for challenging lighting and weather conditions in mind.
As a Project Manager within the Central Engineering Systems Operations team, you will play a key role in running multidisciplinary ISP projects to deliver the technology mentioned above. This fast-paced, safety critical and dynamic role lies within the heart of our rapidly expanding diverse team and business. You will have a wonderful opportunity to become part of the team that lies at the very core of Arm. The CE Systems team is responsible for developing Arm System IP & Media IP, and ensuring that all of Arm’s technology including CPUs and GPUs works perfectly together. We are situated in the middle of the bustling Manchester city centre, where you will enjoy working within a stylish modern office complex. Arm CE is organised as a matrix based structure, which means that each engineer reports to an engineering line manager, who will assign people to your a project. Experience shows that this can initially be quite daunting for some people who come from companies where project teams report directly to the Project Manager. However, Arm’s functional organisation approach has shown to be deeply effective at growing strong project management leaders such as yourself, whilst also retaining high-quality engineers who are able to progress their technical careers within a stable and nurturing team environment. As a member of CE Systems Operations, you will belong to a multilingual, culturally diverse team of around 30 like-minded project managers who are located within different Arm sites around the world. This provides you with a great opportunity for occasional international travel as the need arises.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will lead engineers to build plans and schedules, and track the project to ensure products are delivered on-time, on-spec, and to the highest quality standards
- You will help to review the project requirements in collaboration with the Product Managers and engineering teams
- You will set meaningful and achievable objectives that are individually suited to the career dreams of each engineer assigned to your project
- You will manage project scope by collecting requirements and creating a WBS for each agreed package of work
- You will develop a risk management strategy that covers all aspects of; risk identification, analysis, planned response, monitoring, reporting and control
- You will build quality into the project planning process and ensure that a quality culture is observed and maintained throughout the duration of your project
- You will analyse and estimate project costs to determine your budget, and manage those costs until project completion
- You will identify and set, clearly defined roles and responsibilities as you build your team
- You will monitor and control project work within a change control environment
- As a first-class communicator, you will provide the social interaction needed across the whole organisation, to connect with people and facilitate the optimal flow of information
What skills should you have?
- Ideally, a PMP qualification or similar that indicates your level of personal dedication to your chosen profession. Applicants without any formal qualification may be considered depending on their level of experience and demonstrable knowledge of formal project management methodologies
- Consistent track record in the leadership and successful delivery of complex engineering projects from project initiation to delivery
- Experience of some or all of the following; SoC/ASIC design including RTL/Synthesis, Embedded software development, Product development from concept to production, Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication and networking skills. This is a demanding role within a highly specialised environment that requires confident leadership and self-awareness
- Good lateral thinking, problem-solving and negotiation skills adapted to each given situation
- Professional attitude, strong attention to detail, process oriented and highly organised person who is ambitious and able to respond positively to change and lead others through change
- Ability to adapt your working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Atlassian JIRA – or similar Project Management tools
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.