Consents Manager - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Consents Manager to work on the HS2 Fusion JV.
The Consents Manager will develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, consent granting bodies, HS2, consultants and the supply chain.
- Act as technical lead for a minimum of one specific discipline such as environmental/ planning/ traffic, as well as managing a team of assistant consents managers and consents advisors
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Works Package Managers to identify and co-ordinate consents requirements for their packages
- Represent Fusion at Consents meetings with stakeholders, HS2 and with the supply chain
- Management of external suppliers to deliver specific consent deliverables for their scope of works
- Provide support to the U&A Manager
- Responsible for the EWC Central Consents Register – co-ordinating and managing all required traffic & highway, town planning and environmental consents
- Monitor and track Consents approvals process, ensuring the necessary consents are obtained in line with the programme to support the delivery of the works
- Ensure all works are undertaken in compliance with the HS2 Act commitments and other relevant legislation
- Investigate and provide information for non-compliance
- Carry out weekly reporting highlighting risk, and update progress of Consents process
- Carry out site inspections and audit regime on Consents requirements
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team.
- Educated to degree level, with post graduate qualification experience, some of which should have been gained working in a similar sector and included managing and supporting a team liaising with external stakeholders and other project management teams.
- Experience of communicating with client technical leads, working to deadlines, preparing quality submissions and taking responsibility for team decisions
- Techniques and issues involved in the planning and construction of major infrastructure projects including; Railway and Construction industry, Legal, Town Planning, Highway, Environmental or Archaeological considerations
- Excellent communication, personal planning and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- CENV preferable/ Chartered member of a relevant Institution
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services. Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.