SHE Advisor - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented SHE Advisor to work on the HS2 Fusion JV.
As the SHE Advisor, you will provide subject matter expertise and direction ensuring the continuous improvement to safety, health and environmental (SHE) performance.
Previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry is required for this role.
- Technical or Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or general NEBOSH certificate
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (desirable)
- Expert knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Experience in construction and civil engineering techniques in a complex and highly regulated major project environment
- Construction and civil engineering industry experience and in particular CDM requirements in the role of principal contractor
- Knowledge of risk management
- Expert knowledge of occupational health and behavioural based safety
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services. Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.